No language chooser in GDM (was: L10N and I18N Installation Test Day Tomorrow)

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:40:50 UTC 2011

2011/3/1 Ville-Pekka Vainio <vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi>:
> ti, 2011-03-01 kello 12:27 +0100, Zoltan Hoppar kirjoitti:
>> How do you switch over to your language?
>
> GDM seems to have lost the ability to choose the language before login.
> I think this will cause problems with our live CDs for people who don't
> understand English. It was relatively easy to tell people how to choose
> their keyboard layout and language in GDM, because the UI was so simple.
> Now, choosing the language will be very complicated and requires a
> logout/login cycle to take effect.

I didn't check the current LiveCD, but for selecting language and
keyboard layout in GDM you must first choose a user, at least since
F13 on an already installed Fedora. In a LiveCD, as the live cd user
has no password, it would mean to start right after selecting the user
without the chance to choose a language.

Anyone else confirm this?

k.r.

Domingo Becker (es)