Transifex "cs" vs. "cs_CZ"

Josef Hruška josef.hruska at upcmail.cz
Wed Mar 9 21:32:09 UTC 2011

>On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Dimitris Glezos wrote:

>>> Yes. The problem is that Publican uses XML language codes (cs_CZ,
>>> uk_UA etc.), and software uses only cs, uk etc locales. The right
>>> solution would be linking cs_CZ and cs-CZ translations with cs team.
>>
>> I think Publican (or the Fedora toolchain around it) should be adapted
>> to support cs.
>>
>>> Do you want us to file a ticket on this?
>>
>> We could have a ticket filed. Fwiw, support for multiple languages per
>> team is quite a big change in the codebase.
>
>And would it be very hard to constantly mirror the team members to
>another
>"language"? If it is inevitable, I may start another team for cs_CZ and
>ask people to join them both, but surely this is not very comfortable.
>
>> --
>> Dimitris Glezos
>
> Adam Pribyl

+1
I think that untill Transifex supports more locales for a team, creating
a new "empty" teams for other locale/language variant and outsourcing
access to the other team/locale is the only working solution.
For illustration, now there is under the fedora project in Transifex.net
currently 'cs' team created, so 'cs_CZ' needs to be created and
outsourced access to it for the 'cs' team. Consequently, 'cs_CZ' will
stay "empty", and the 'cs' team's members will become its members. If my
understanding of outsourced access is correct.

Josef Hruska