Fetch for translation button disabled

noriko noriko at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 17 02:34:57 UTC 2011

Dimitris Glezos さんは書きました:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Runa Bhattacharjee
> <runab at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On শনিবার 12 মার্চ 2011 06:46 অপরাহ্ণ, Daniel Cabrera wrote:
>>> Up today there are a couple of projects using its own
>>> teams to receive translations [1].
>> Why has this been done?
>
> For some, the maintainer neglected to assign the teams -- human error.
>
> For others, they are upstream and want to have their own teams, which
> can span across distributions I suppose.
>
> -d

Simply, it is too much for a translator to join multiple translation
teams. It is needed to know explicitly whether specific package
maintainer(s) prefer to have their package(s) to be translated by FLP or
not.
Could Transifex team please help?

Those are coming from three different components on translate.fp.o;

[F15]
F chkcionfig: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/chkconfig/
F im-chooser: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/im-chooser/
F setuptool: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/setuptool/

* Those three were under F15 on fp.o, and FLP should be able to work
without joining any extra team. Could Transifex team please help the
maintainers to change their setting and allow Fedora translators to work?

[Various]
V certmonger: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/certmonger/
V FreeIPA: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/freeipa/
V pam_krb5: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/pam_krb5/
V pkinit-nss: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/pkinit-nss/
V Yum Extender: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/yumex/

* Those five were under Various. We used to be able to translate them,
and hope it remains. They may or may not follow the Fedora release
schedule and should have put in separate component. Could Transifex team
please ask the maintainers whether their packages to be translated by
FLP or not?
(If not, that package may need to be removed from Fedora project as
intended)

U imsettings: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/imsettings/
U PackageKit: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/packagekit/
U RPM: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/rpm/
U Yum: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/yum/
   Transifex: http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/transifex/

* They say that they are upstream, thus we should not treat them a part
of Fedora and they should not appear inside Fedora project. Basically
translator who wants to work on upstream package needs to join their
team formed separately and follow their procedure. Could Transifex team
please remove them from Fedora project and inform the maintainers so?

noriko