Transifex Permissions

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Mon Mar 28 16:13:33 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Fabian Affolter <fab at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> We will face a problem in the near future that will slow us down with
> translations on Transifex. Often projects are handled on a group based
> permission level aka projects maintains their own translation teams and
> are not using the Fedora teams. A coordinator is in charge for the
> approval of new members.
>
> There are several projects with a coordinator who is unresponsive. In
> this case a new user who wants to contribute have to wait for days/weeks
> to get approved. This is not really bringing us forward and is
> frustrating for people who wants to get started.
>
> I think that there needs to be something like a "unresponsive
> coordinator process" (The package maintainers do it that way). Or an
> other approach could be to let other coordinators approve people for
> their language to any group.

I'm not sure how we could help with that. Maybe someone from FLP could
volunteer to co-maintain the project with the maintainer, helping him
approve members?

I suppose this is probably something we should discuss directly with
the developers in question.

> What do you think about that? I know this is not really a Fedora L10n
> issue but many of the Projects translated through Transifex lands in
> Fedora releases.

Indeed. If we can help, it'd be great. But as you mentioned, this is
ultimately the developer's choice and responsibility.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos