Missing Translation Credit in PO Head Section

Tommy He lovenemesis at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 1 08:55:40 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Glad by the mirgation from transifex.fedoraproject.org to
fedora.transifex.net. However, I recently noticed the translator
credit info was bleached after transifex processed the po file. I
would if it's a known issue.

How to reproduce:

1. Fill the translation credit info in po header section in the
suggested format "# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL at ADDRESS>, YEAR". like "# Tommy
He <lovenemesis at fedoraproject.org>, 2011".
2. Upload the po to fedora.transifex.net.
3. Download the recently uploaded po from fedora.transifex.net.
4. Observe the file head section. The "# Tommy He
<lovenemesis at fedoraproject.org>, 2011" info is missing.

At the time of writing, the anaconda zh_CN.po is found to be affected
by this issue. The translator credit info is completely bleached from
recent download po file:

See the git snapshot with the translator info remaining:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=anaconda.git;a=blob;f=po/zh_CN.po;h=6d127e286de87381bf8e8cd1bfb53bf8492e294b;hb=239981f83ab0ce3ed07bdcea8ad977ec94577bc0

Tiansiworld is on CC because he is the team leader for Fedora Chinese
zh_CN translation.
Aron Xu is on CC because he is the team leader for GNOME Chinese zh_CN
translation.

Thanks,

Tommy He

--