Transifex Permissions

Misha Shnurapet shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 25 08:28:43 UTC 2011

28.03.2011, 00:50, "Fabian Affolter" <fab at fedoraproject.org>;:
>  Hi all,
>
>  We will face a problem in the near future that will slow us down with
>  translations on Transifex. Often projects are handled on a group based
>  permission level aka projects maintains their own translation teams and
>  are not using the Fedora teams. A coordinator is in charge for the
>  approval of new members.
>
>  There are several projects with a coordinator who is unresponsive. In
>  this case a new user who wants to contribute have to wait for days/weeks
>  to get approved. This is not really bringing us forward and is
>  frustrating for people who wants to get started.
>
>  I think that there needs to be something like a "unresponsive
>  coordinator process" (The package maintainers do it that way). Or an
>  other approach could be to let other coordinators approve people for
>  their language to any group.
>
>  What do you think about that? I know this is not really a Fedora L10n
>  issue but many of the Projects translated through Transifex lands in
>  Fedora releases.
>
>  Kind regards,
>
>  Fabian

Hi.

There is a simple sanity check for the newcomers to the Russian team. Besides signing up for a FAS account and signing FPCA, they are given instructions to subscribe to the main and the local translators mailing lists and send a short resumé to both. Okay, at least to the local one, to be granted access. Until they do, I may or may not send them an email. The "unresponsive coordinator process" may need to account for this.

--
Best regards,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shnurapet