Release Notes

Misha Shnurapet shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 1 13:52:49 UTC 2011

01.11.2011, 21:53, "John J. McDonough" <wb8rcr at arrl.net>:
>>  Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:25:33 +0900
>>  From: Misha Shnurapet <shnurapet at fedoraproject.org>
>
>   [clip]
>
>>  31.10.2011, 23:05, "Kévin Raymond" <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>:
>>>  I think that you should not include Revision History in your
>>>  statistics, this file is useful, but not really needed to be
>>>  translated (I translated it only in order to get 100% ^^), IMHO of
>>>  course.
>>  I think it'd be better to have a list of contributors rather than a revision history log.
>
> A list of contributors would be great, but we haven't figured out how to
> do that.  In the past we have tried but have never been able to get it
> right, especially with the translators.  Perhaps the new tx offers some
> options we haven't examined.  For writers, we can check the wiki
> history, git commits and bugzilla, but there tend to be a lot of
> translators that we don't know how to identify.
>
> As far as the revision history, that is necessary.  However, I also
> question the value of translating it.

There are two possible ways to deal with the list of translators as I see it:
1. to collect the names from the .po file headers, which are filled, AFAIK, automatically by Transifex;
2. to omit this list (just like it is done now), naming the authors only.

Should the revision history be necessary, its module should miss Transifex and it's in the bag.

--
Best regards,
Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, IRC: misha on freenode