Release Notes

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Nov 3 12:59:31 UTC 2011

The translator information in the po files are sometimes a little
rough ... look at
http://jjmcd.fedorapeople.org/Download/Contributors/apas02.html
for example.

Still, pulling this from the po files is reasonable, if not much fun.
In fact, pulling the author information from the wiki is more tedious.

I can see Domingo's approach working for F17, but haven't tested it yet.
This issue for F16 is that there are a number of sequential steps, and
I'm not so sure we can get this complete within a few weeks.

1) Add the translator-credits to the source
2) Rebuild and push the POTs
3) Translators update POs
4) Pull the updated POs
5) Rebuild the release notes
6) Rebuild the RPM
7) Push to docs.fp.o

None of these are terribly difficult, but they need to happen one after
the other, and likely that will stretch out.  There are a couple dozen
translators, and getting them all headed west has to take some time.  A
big advantage, though, is that the translator information is more likely
to be a bit more consistent than what is currently in the POs.

Of course, there is no reason we couldn't push yet another RPM to
updates after release.  The RPM is actually quite a bit easier than
pushing to docs.fedoraproject.org.

By the way, last night at the go/no-go meeting it was agreed that we
would try to squeeze the latest release notes RPM into the release.
This is the version that includes a half-dozen translations.  The RPM
that got pushed on schedule was English only.  Thanks to Nick Bebout for
pushing this.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-15341

--McD