Draft Release Notes builds

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Tue Oct 18 14:12:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 22:09 +0900, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> 27.09.2011, 11:47, "John J. McDonough" <wb8rcr at arrl.net>:
> > I have started the nightly builds of the release notes on
> > http://fedorapeople.org/groups/docs/release-notes/
> >
> > Each night (U.S. time) translations are pulled and the notes rebuilt.
> >
> > --McD
>
> The Russian version is missing. The folder [1] only contains a log file.
>
> What has to be done to fix it?
>
> [1] http://fedorapeople.org/groups/docs/release-notes/ru-RU

Misha

Sometimes the translator messes up a tag in the XML and causes Publican
to fail.  When this happens, I push the log file up to the website so
the translator has some clue what went wrong.  Typically, the error is
at the last line of the log file.

I several cases in Networking.po, a \ has been replaced with \\\ causing
the error.  Once those are repaired, in Overview.po, there is a case
where a < has been replaced with &lt; and a > with &gt;.  This also
causes a failure.  Once those are corrected the document builds.  these
almost look like cases where some tool decided to "help".

--McD