comps headsup: plan to drop langpacks from language-support groups in comps-f17.xml.in

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 13 01:15:44 UTC 2011

(2011年09月12日 16:57), Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
> <ankit at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> In short, translators will have greater control over their translations
>> and developers will have less burden of dealing with translations.
>>
>> To know more about advantages and the thread:
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-September/156674.html
> If you'd like to push this, I suggest to treat this like any other
> fedora feature.

I have a couple of questions.

It says as advantage;
"CD/DVD can include only a couple of lang packs, so smaller size. Upon
selection of the language, yum (or even the installer) can download the
lang pack right away."

* A couple of lang packs, which lang packs to be included and why others
not?
* In order to obtain language packs, do users need internet connection
for downloading?

It says as possible drawback;
"Need to take extra care to avoid having a new langpack shipped to a
user every day"

* What is specific solution implemented?

noriko