L10N and I18N Installation Test Day, processing changes in anaconda language files

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Apr 17 09:49:44 UTC 2012

Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:37:12 +0300 було написано Ankitkumar Rameshchandra
Patel <ankit at redhat.com>:

> On 04/17/2012 02:27 PM, Richard E. van der Luit wrote:
>> Op 17-04-12 06:39, Ani Peter schreef:
>>> Hi Richard,
>>>
>>> If I understand your question correctly, I guess you want to make few
>>> changes to some strings in anaconda and wants to know whether to
>>> correct
>>> these strings in master only or all branches, right? If so, its good to
>>> make the changes to all branches and master.
>>

>> Yep, so the correct answer is "e. All above"
>>
>> mmm, not pleased by that, it is very inefficient to have to correct the
>> same string in 4 sources, especially if you change a term, which implies
>> correcting many strings.
>> I know, you can use 'history' in Lotte for this. Still, it's a pain.
>>
>> Thank you for the response,
>> regards
>> Richard
>
> This is indeed an important feature to have for translators, as we don't
> care about repositories or branches or so... We just want to update
> translations at single place and want it to be applied across.
>
> +1

To be honest, I do not see the major problem here.

1. Download PO.
2. Fix it or if it's already fixed do nothing.
3. Upload fixed PO to every branch.
4. Fixed translations will overwrite the old ones.

It's just two minutes of time.

// Alternative way: adopt Weblate ( http://weblate.org/ ). ;)

Best regards,
Yuri