L10N and I18N Installation Test Day, processing changes in anaconda language files

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 17 09:53:12 UTC 2012

> To be honest, I do not see the major problem here.
>
> 1. Download PO.
> 2. Fix it or if it's already fixed do nothing.
> 3. Upload fixed PO to every branch.

No, because the PO should be different between branches. If not, they
would only have master…
But it could be the same between branches, you need to ask the
maintainer or check by yourself.

> 4. Fixed translations will overwrite the old ones.
>
> It's just two minutes of time.

Depends of 3.

> // Alternative way: adopt Weblate ( http://weblate.org/ ). ;)

There are other alternatives:

- download all localy with the transifex client, then tx push -t will
do it for you.
Gitorious is dead actually (500) but you'll be able to use my script
to download all projects :
http://gitorious.org/tiny-scripts/transifex/commits

An other thing to know is that the maintainer could set an option to
share the translation history between projects and or resources under
transifex.net.
It is disabled by default, and you can't see if it's enabled or not if
your'not a maintainer.
I plan to do a mass request to enable this soon :).

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)