L10N and I18N Installation Test Day, processing changes in anaconda language files

Richard E. van der Luit nippur at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 17 14:12:29 UTC 2012

Op 17-04-12 12:03, Yuri Chornoivan schreef:
> Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:53:12 +0300 було написано Kévin Raymond
> <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>:
>

>>> To be honest, I do not see the major problem here.
>>>
>>> 1. Download PO.
>>> 2. Fix it or if it's already fixed do nothing.
>>> 3. Upload fixed PO to every branch.
>> No, because the PO should be different between branches. If not, they
>> would only have master…
>> But it could be the same between branches, you need to ask the
>> maintainer or check by yourself.
>
> Strange. Works every time here. ;)
>
> Even with different templates, the system merges only the entries with
> the same msgid strings (it's polib feature, imho).

Won't work if you want to replace a translation of a term for
consistency with translations of that term in other programs or
documents of the Project, as i regularly have to do.

- how do you know that all strings in all branches are reached by
uploading one just one .po? --> manual check on all sources -> 2 minutes
won't do it.
- which .po is clever to use? The one with the most strings? The most
appearances? --> manual check --> pffff
- are there still strings left to be corrected in the other sources? -->
manual check --> *sigh*, no 'search and replace' feature...

Better open all sources and take Lottes history to check every line,
wereof deed.

What i was looking for, actually, was that one source which has *all*
the strings in it, and let the system sort it out. How 'master' is
master anyway?

regards
Richard