L10N and I18N Installation Test Day Tomorrow

APreetalam apreet.alam at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:59:31 UTC 2012

04/20/2012 09:38 AM ਨੂੰ, Noriko Mizumoto ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> Hi test group and i18n team
>
> I have already chatted below findings with Ani and Jens on each irc
> chnannel, but I thought it would be good to share in the MLs as well. So
> here we go.
>
> Two findings.
> One: As I joined the test late, I encountered particular problem.
> The iso images pointed in the page has been removed sometime btw 14-15
> Apr, so the link did not work. For RC3 images, I found that instead diso
> images have been placed in different directory. I did not know how to
> deal with diso format, but can not complain since RC3 images are not
> only for this test purpose. Plus assuming future RC3 images will be
> stored as diso format, I like to suggest that a request of composing an
> iso image for I18N test can be made as well just like for L10N QA test.
> Well, it adds extra task for test group ;p
RC3 was stage iso (so removed), which used as that is only latest iso
available at 4-5 Apr to test. latest Stage image for RC4.1 (now released
beta) was available on 11Apr. But as you suggested (and did for l10n
test day) creation of specially ISO for all test day is task from next
Fedora testing.
> Two: Testcase Arabic/Asian/Cyrillic/Non-English European Language
> Install pages contain unclear instruction. There is no language
> selection step to take in f17.  Testcase firstboot page explains about
> the command 'firstboot --reconfig', which actually is not working.
> Firstboot gives only one chance for test, auto-run after install. It is
> highly appreciated to update those information.
During installation it was observed and will update for next testing phase.

thanks for feedback.

A S Alam