Publican 3.0 translations

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 00:44:01 UTC 2012

Hi all --

I'm happy to announce that Publican 3.0 is rapidly approaching General
Availability. This is a major revision that has been a long time in
development -- so long that some newer members of the group might not
know what it is!

Publican is the publication system used to generate all the formal
Fedora documentation published on docs.fedoraproject.org.

To get Publican 3.0 ready for release, we need updates in three places:

1. The "Document Conventions" text that appears at the start of all our
longer manuals. It's the "Conventions" file in the "Publican Common
Content" project here:
https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/iteration/view/publican-common/3

2. the "Fedora Feedback" text that tells readers how to offer
suggestions about Fedora manuals:
https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/iteration/view/publican-fedora/3

3. a single string in the Publican software itself: "Translation files
synchronised with XML sources %1-%2" in:
https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/iteration/view/publican/3 --
Publican embeds this string into the Revision History of translated
books, so it is highly visible to readers! Other strings in that file
are for the Publican command-line output itself. We would really
appreciate translations here too, but nothing else in the file is
critical. The "%1-%2" in this string is the version number of the
English text that was synchronised when somebody last ran "update_po"
for your language, for example, "Translation files synchronised with XML
sources 2.2-14" Feel free to add your word for "version" before or after
that number if your syntax requires it! :)

It's really important to the Publican team that we support as many
languages as completely as possible. Help us help you! :)

Cheers, and as always -- thanks in advance!

Rudi