Publican 3.0 translations

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Aug 31 04:42:54 UTC 2012

написане Fri, 31 Aug 2012 03:44:01 +0300, Ruediger Landmann
<r.landmann at redhat.com>:

> Hi all --
>
> I'm happy to announce that Publican 3.0 is rapidly approaching General
> Availability. This is a major revision that has been a long time in
> development -- so long that some newer members of the group might not
> know what it is!
>
> Publican is the publication system used to generate all the formal
> Fedora documentation published on docs.fedoraproject.org.
>
> To get Publican 3.0 ready for release, we need updates in three places:
>
> 1. The "Document Conventions" text that appears at the start of all our
> longer manuals. It's the "Conventions" file in the "Publican Common
> Content" project here:
> https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/iteration/view/publican-common/3
>
> 2. the "Fedora Feedback" text that tells readers how to offer
> suggestions about Fedora manuals:
> https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/iteration/view/publican-fedora/3
>
> 3. a single string in the Publican software itself: "Translation files
> synchronised with XML sources %1-%2" in:
> https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/iteration/view/publican/3 --
> Publican embeds this string into the Revision History of translated
> books, so it is highly visible to readers! Other strings in that file
> are for the Publican command-line output itself. We would really
> appreciate translations here too, but nothing else in the file is
> critical. The "%1-%2" in this string is the version number of the
> English text that was synchronised when somebody last ran "update_po"
> for your language, for example, "Translation files synchronised with XML
> sources 2.2-14" Feel free to add your word for "version" before or after
> that number if your syntax requires it! :)
>
> It's really important to the Publican team that we support as many
> languages as completely as possible. Help us help you! :)
>
> Cheers, and as always -- thanks in advance!
>
> Rudi

Hi,

Is it possible to fix some typos in Publican catalog before the release?

lib/Publican.pm:214
The name of the main xml and ent files for this books,

"these books" or "this book"

lib/Publican.pm:309
Splash pages should be generated to be comaptible with this web style.
Valid
values are 1 and 2.

"compatible"

Thanks for your work.