A question on the L10n Guide wiki page

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 1 04:17:22 UTC 2012

(2012年01月17日 00:48), Tiansworld wrote:
> On 01/16/2012 09:21 PM, Kévin Raymond wrote:
>> Hi, we have started a discussion about it:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:L10N/Guide
>>
>> You need to register in order to:
>> - get the Fedora alias if you don't have it yet,
>> - be able to translate the wiki.
>>

> Yes, fedora account is necessary for the wiki translation.
>
> I mean that according to the guide, the new translator just need to
> complete the FPCA to acquire a valid fedora account, then they can
> edit/translate the wiki pages. Joining the cvsl10n group is not a
> prerequisite when someone wants to be a Fedora Project translator.

It had been requested at Transifex ticket system to integrate FAS login
(such as OpenID) sometime ago so that users can use same Fedora username
and password for both logins. The request is not yet accepted, therefore
separate login is required.

'cvsl10n' group had been used to control the submit permission to Tx
located at translate.fedoraproject.org run by Fedora, so that sponsors
of the group (coordinators and selected translators) could
approve/reject an application for an user. Currently Transifex for
Fedora has been run by Infidex outside of Fedora Infra, and cvsl10n
group is no longer used for this purpose.

I believe that Fedora project translation team formed under Transifex
should have certain procedure for coordinators how to approve/reject an
application, like the one we used to have and lost...

noriko