A question on the L10n Guide wiki page

Tiansworld tiansworld at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 6 14:08:31 UTC 2012

On 02/06/2012 03:14 PM, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:

> Currently Japanese team sticks with original procedure, which requires
> Fedora account, introduction mails, etc. For every single application,
> the coordinator (Taira-san) needs to check those prerequisite manually
> atm. We have not found better and working way yet :-( It would be nice
> to have global procedure which all teams can use.
>
> Dimitris or anyone,
> I believe that there is the way to retrieve multiple PO files at once,
> but I can not find how-to in Documentation page. I like to download all
> POT files under Fedora-Upstream. Could you mind to point?
>
> noriko

I have to manually tell each new applicants to read the l10n wiki guide
by sending them a message through transifex. Then check each of their
FAS account to make sure they have signed CLA and waiting for their
introduction in the mailing-lists.

Could we add a intro page for every team of fedora.transifex.net? And
the content of page can be customized by team coordinator, for example,
put the l10n guide link there or some details. Or just guide/redirect
them to finish those prerequisite procedures(register FAS account, sign
CLA, introduction) when they click the "join this team" button.

By the way,
There is an error when I download zh_CN translation of
fedora-initscripts. This happens both on website interface and tx client.
 From tx client output, the error detail is:
-> zh_CN: translations/fedora-initscripts.default/zh_CN.po
Exception: Remote server replied: Error compiling the translation file:
'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa0 in position 29036: invalid start byte

I guess that may because of some mistake in po file, but when I try to
download other language translations, the error still happens.

Here is the
link:https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora-initscripts/resource/default/

--
Regards,