A question on the L10n Guide wiki page

Daniel Cabrera logan at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 15 23:54:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 22:08 +0800, Tiansworld wrote:
> On 02/06/2012 03:14 PM, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
>
> > Currently Japanese team sticks with original procedure, which requires
> > Fedora account, introduction mails, etc. For every single application,
> > the coordinator (Taira-san) needs to check those prerequisite manually
> > atm. We have not found better and working way yet :-( It would be nice
> > to have global procedure which all teams can use.

[snip]

> > noriko
>
> I have to manually tell each new applicants to read the l10n wiki guide
> by sending them a message through transifex. Then check each of their
> FAS account to make sure they have signed CLA and waiting for their
> introduction in the mailing-lists.
>
> Could we add a intro page for every team of fedora.transifex.net? And
> the content of page can be customized by team coordinator, for example,
> put the l10n guide link there or some details. Or just guide/redirect
> them to finish those prerequisite procedures(register FAS account, sign
> CLA, introduction) when they click the "join this team" button.

[snip]

Same thing here, at the Spanish team. We appreciate any type of help,
but we prefer those translators who use Fedora as one of their operating
systems. We used to have some sort of 'warning' post in our overview
page telling all the well-intentioned paratroopers that because of
licensing issues all translators need to open an account in FAS and sign
everything there. But now, with the new interface, that message is gone.
Or perhaps I can't find it.

It will be great if we can make some intro page like the one Tian is
thinking about.

BTW Piotr, Dimitris, Diego, Petr (and everyone else in Tx.net) don't get
me wrong: the new interface is great, especially if you continue in the
direction of replicating our nice and old

Tx
 > Fedora
  > Languages
   > Releases