Some fedora projects are still not using transifex (properly)

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 18 22:00:57 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

We have moved to transifex.net long ago now, and still some projects
are not alive to us!
Some devels just don't know how to deal with transifex and
transifex-client, some does not know that they have to pull (or fill
the hook URL on the project setup), and some just never build update
with our translations.
That's really painful for us, who spend so much time providing translations.

And know, we have the ability to proofread translations, but devels
simply don't know about it cause they don't read transifex release
notes. And they are devels, not translators, they should not have to.

How could we efficiently deal with them?
Writing on devel? Too noisy there.
Filling trac tickets? Probably the best solution, but take lot of time
for the reporter to explain what is needed.
IMHO, our FLSCo members should do that, but this is a lot for few
people (how many of our FLSCo seats are alive???).

The most important to me is to clean our projects.
Could we have a list of dead upstream to ping? By dead uptream, I mean
projects without any maintainer, without anyone which is pulling our
translations and pushing pot back.
This could be done by filtering projects with wrong maintainers like
Dimitris[1] (linked to [2]), and also the one who have never pushed a
pot for a long time (or even never pulled if possible, dunno what we
can see from the Indifex side).

[1] https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/system-config-bind/
[2] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/trans/2012-February/009631.html

--