Some fedora projects are still not using transifex (properly)

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Feb 20 18:27:10 UTC 2012

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Noriko Mizumoto
> <noriko.mizumoto at gmail.com> wrote:
> > (2012?02?19? 08:00), K?vin Raymond wrote:
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> We have moved to transifex.net long ago now, and still some projects
> >> are not alive to us!
> >> Some devels just don't know how to deal with transifex and
> >> transifex-client, some does not know that they have to pull (or fill
> >> the hook URL on the project setup), and some just never build update
> >> with our translations.
> >> That's really painful for us, who spend so much time providing translations.
> >
> > I can feel same pain.
> > Can you name the packages which do not push/pull latest translatable files?
> > So that I can report and ask FESCO at F17 Readiness Meeting to be held
> > on 23-Feb.
>
> Don't know, I've asked by #transifex, but dimitris should know.

Hi!

This is not a certain list, but in "Main" the following resources were not updated for more than 6 months and likely do not use Transifex translations:

setuptool ? setup.pot
Firstboot ? default
redhat-menus ? default
system-config-boot ? master
readahead ? master
system-config-keyboard ? default
system-config-firewall ? default
liveusb-creator ? default
python-meh ? default
fedora-desktop-backgrounds ? default
fedora-preupgrade ? default
system-config-kickstart ? master
system-config-bind ? master
system-switch-java ? master
system-config-nfs ? master
system-config-httpd ? master
system-config-rootpassword ? master
system-switch-mail ? master
system-config-lvm ? master
system-config-printer ? default
system-config-printer ? 1-2-x

All the translations of manuals for system-config-* were lost during Transifex migration.

In "Upstream" the following packages seems do not use Transifex translations:

PulseAudio ? master-tx - po/pulseaudio.pot
PulseAudio Preferences ? master-tx - po/paprefs.pot
PulseAudio Volume Control ? master-tx - po/pavucontrol.pot
hivex ? hivexpot
virt-top ? virttoppot
newt ? master
expendable ? master