User Guide

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 00:34:03 UTC 2012

Hi Valentin,

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:32:30 +0200
"Valentin Laskov" <laskov at festa.bg> wrote:

> [...]

Could you please point me to those bugs? As there is now a new process for
publishing docs translations, it'd be good to move them to the publishing
requests component so that docs publishers can take care of them.

> 2. The documentation is not up to date and it is difficult to be in a six monts cycle of Fedora. Here is an example:
>
> <quote>Use the pull down menus at the bottom of the screen to change your desktop language or keyboard layout.</quote>
>
> This is from https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora-user-guide/resource/Logging_into_the_desktop/l/en/view/
> and is not true for Fedora 15 and 16.

The thing is that the Docs Project tends to lack the manpower required to
keep all the relevant guides up-to-date, unfortunately. Since many of us
have a lot of different doc projects to work on, we only managed to publish
the User Guide as a draft in the last development cycle.

If any of you guys are willing to help out with the guides updates for the
upcoming release, you're most welcome to join our team. We are always in
need of fresh blood.

Cheers,
Petr Kovar