New page, named "Contents"

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 27 10:17:17 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Rui Gouveia <rui.gouveia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To solve this problem, the Portuguese team created the Category "pt".
> If you add the category to all your pages, a nice index is automagically
> created for you.
>
> See our example in https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Pt
>

> Thanks for your time
>
> Rui Gouveia

Wouldn't it be possible to update the translating template in order to
add this feature?

I don't really know how wikimedia template works, but I feel
frustrated with the one that we use: there is no revision, we don't
know that the translated version is out of date.

The one used in the OLPC wiki is nicer[1].
You get a revision ID and are notified if the translated id is different.

Moreover, you *have* a link to all translated page in a specific
language (the point disscussed here).
see [2]:" This is the bulk of pages translated into French. Pages are
included here by the use of the Template:Translation automatically. "

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki
[2] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Translations_lang-fr

--
Kévin Raymond