New page, named "Contents"

Richard E. van der Luit erech03 at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 27 18:59:16 UTC 2012

  ----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
<mailto:shaiton at fedoraproject.org>>

<rui.gouveia at gmail.com <mailto:rui.gouveia at gmail.com>>
> > wrote: | > Hi,

> > "pt". | > If you add the category to all your pages, a nice index is
> > automagically | > created for you.

> > | Wouldn't it be possible to update the translating template in order
> > to | add this feature?
> > |
> > | I don't really know how wikimedia template works, but I feel
> > | frustrated with the one that we use: there is no revision, we don't
> > | know that the translated version is out of date.
> > |
> > | The one used in the OLPC wiki is nicer[1].
> > | You get a revision ID and are notified if the translated id is
> > different. |
> > | Moreover, you *have* a link to all translated page in a specific
> > | language (the point disscussed here).
> > | see [2]:" This is the bulk of pages translated into French. Pages are
> > | included here by the use of the Template:Translation automatically. "
> > |
> > | [1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/The_OLPC_Wiki
> > | [2] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Translations_lang-fr
> > | --
> > | Kévin Raymond
> > | (shaiton)
> >
> > A discussion on the same subject in the wiki maillist:
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/wiki/2012-January/thread.html
> >
> > Valentin Laskov
> >

> Could you please forward my reply there, as I've not yet subscribed
> there. Thanks,
>
> --
> Kévin Raymond
> (shaiton)
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Actually, I am using the Catagory: Dutch Team for several months now,
gives a perfect overview, and isn't that much work all together (mostly
copy-paste will do the trick for existing translated pages).
Just one single extra line after a translation job well done doesn't
hurt me.
I do like to receive change notifications concerning original pages though.

Richard van der Luit
nippur