New FAS release next week

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:45:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:28:52AM +0100, Richard E. van der Luit wrote:

> Op 31-01-12 10:21, Richard E. van der Luit schreef:
> >
> > Another thing is, i noticed that at 'Invite a New Member' an email
> > is created with an invitation text, which is currently a
> > translation string in FAS. Although this string is unexpectedly not
> > in Dutch if you click the 'Invite a New Member' link, the question
> > it raises is: should it be localized anyway? Probably a group would
> > be formed with people of many nationalities, invite members in
> > exclusively your own languish may be not so handy, translating the
> > localized text back to english for the occasion even less. What do
> > you think? regards Richard --
>
> Addendum:
>
> Although the text of the invitation-email is shown in the webbrowser
> in English when send, a into Dutch translated email is received by the
> receipient.

You're right, this doesn't make much sense to me.  Some options:

* display localized, send in English
* display in English, send in English.
* Have a selection box to choose a translated version if available.  Send in
  the language that is displayed.

I think I'll change the code to do English/English for this release.  For
the next release I'll try to write code that uses a selection box to change
to a translated version.

-Toshio