Is the FLSCo running our teams alone?

Runa Bhattacharjee runab at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 23 05:29:33 UTC 2012

On শুক্রবার 29 জুন 2012 11:24 অপরাহ্ণ, Dimitri Glezos wrote:

> FLSCo is pretty much inactive for years now. I know some of the folks who
> were active back then lurk in the lists and respond to personal emails.
>
> Kevin, I'm all in to have you participate more in FLP, seeing your work for
> Docs+L10n.
>
> So maybe this is a good time to discontinue FLSCo and just have, like GNOME,
> a couple of 'spokespeople' for FLP.

While I do agree that having Kevin for more administrative duty is a good move,
I don't think a decision like 'discontinuing FLSCo' should be taken without any
discussion. FWIW, FLSCo is an official representation of the FLP at Fedora and
without a well set-up alternative would lead to the FLP losing its voice. The
FLSCo did have a set of rules of elections. It is a different matter that they
were not followed as well as they should have been. IMHO, whether the FLSCo is
revived or an alternative is formed, the focus of the group should remain on
keeping the FLP members and other teams engaged about the activities of FLP.

I suggest we either have a meeting about this sometime or start a conversation
on the mailing list.

regards
Runa
--