Is the FLSCo running our teams alone?

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 29 14:11:22 UTC 2012

Hi there,

We get some requests about creating new teams, changing coordinators,
dealing with maintainers, transifex…
The ones really able to take actions are the FLSCo members[0], right?

We didn't have any election since Spring 2008 (Fedora 9), and I can
read "From time to time, at least once every 3 Fedora releases, the
entire membership of FLSCo will stand for re-election".
You've done lots of work, but there is more do to. There will always
be. If it's fine for you, that works.

Spending lots of time helping new translators and maintainers, I think
that I could help the FLP more by joining the FLSCo. This is more a
request than an application as what I am actually doing does not need
really need an official status (yeah translators, you could help us
all!). I am actually one of the Fedora Project maintainers at
transifex.net, but don't think that I should approve/cancel new team
creation for example. I also try not to do too much, as people start
referring to me for really specific questions, that IMHO only rely to
the FLSCo (like team creation, changing teams coordinator…)

What's your opinion? I am sure many translators don't even know that
we have a steering committee.

[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Steering_Committee

--
Kévin Raymond