Fedora at transifex.net

Dimitris Glezos glezos at transifex.com
Fri Mar 30 14:06:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Kévin Raymond
<shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I've read your answer about the zanata project.
> I am still trying to clean our Fedora projects at TXN[1].
> I've some bugzilla ticket around that would help. I still need to fill
> lots about maintainers missing, but I don't have so much time ;).

Hi Kévin,

I think what you're doing is admirable. So important. {deep bow}

> I still have one question:
> For projects not under any fedora releases (-web, -docs, -upstream nor
> -main), should we create an other release like "fedora-archive" for
> all projects under the Fedora Project hub but not currently in
> translations? That would be projects under[2]. Those projects are for
> example old guide really out to date that we don't want/need
> translators to translate. of course, one project should be only in one
> release.

It's not clear to me what types of projects these are. If they are
projects which Fedora is not upstream for but are translated through
FTP, then maybe fedora-external is a good name. Stuff which are not
being translated because they are obsolete could be simply removed.

> Moreover, is there a quick way to go straight to the project page once
> we are browsing a release? I mean, at [3] for example, we have all
> resources in one page. It's far better if we want to translate the
> burning iso guide for example to go at its own page[4]. In idea, on
> the "actions_popup" div, that would be great to have a direct link to
> its project page. (I should probably ask that with the suggestion
> tool…).

Actually, translators probably just want to click one of the rows of
the table and not go to the project page. For example:

 https://fedora.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/r/fedora-docs/l/el/

Furthermore, as you found out, the resource_action popup has a link to
the project details page, at the top side.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos

Social Localization Crowdsourcing