Fedora 17 guides

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Mon May 14 19:18:13 UTC 2012

Hi Yuri,

On Wed, 09 May 2012 22:16:34 +0300
"Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:

> The translation is even happier, if we are sure that it would be used
> somewhere.
>
> The last time I have finished the translation of User Guide into
> Ukrainian. As it was claimed by documentation team [1], I have reported
> the bug against publishing-requests component of the Fedora
> Documentation product in Bugzilla [2].
>
> The result [3] was absolutely discouraging. Seems due to the bug in tx
> client half of the translations were not obtained from Transifex (cf.
> chapter 3 (full translation on tx.net, but absolutely untranslated on
> d.fp.o [4])).
>
> So just one question, is it worth to translate Fedora docs before the new
> fixed (?) tx client release?

Speaking from my experience, it's always better to use the tx client
development version. So that's what I would recommend to everybody
helping with publication of translated Fedora docs ATM. IIRC that issue with
pushing certain POT files to Transifex has been resolved some time ago, not
sure which release introduced this bug fix though.

Yuri, I'm sorry for the problems you encountered with your published
translation.

Cheers,
Petr Kovar