Fedora Virtualization Getting Started Guide

Dayle Parker dayleparker at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 06:53:43 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 05:27 PM, Pete Travis wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2012 12:04 AM, "Dayle Parker" <dayleparker at redhat.com
> <mailto:dayleparker at redhat.com>> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/17/2012 06:51 AM, Daniel Cabrera wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The Spanish team has finished the translation of the Fedora
> >> Virtualization Getting Started Guide [1], but I'm not able to publish
> >> it. I mean, I can publish it but only in English.
> >>
> >> I've also tried to publish the Dutch and Japanese versions, with the
> >> same result.
> >>
> >> Any Help?
> >>
> >> [1]
> >> https://fedora.transifex.com/projects/p/fedoravirtgettingstartedguide/
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance, regards,
> >> Daniel Cabrera (es)
> >>

> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > Thanks for the email and for all of your team's translation work! I
> think as the doc maintainer it's my job to publish it (please correct
> me if I'm wrong).
> >
> > Good news and bad news:
> >
> > Good news: I was able to publish the Dutch translation [or at least
> run through the commands in 'Publishing a document':
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Publishing_a_document_with_Publican]
> without any errors -- where do I verify this has been successful?
> >
> > Bad news: I hit an error using this command (which was successful in
> Dutch and English) when publishing the guide in Spanish, plus a
> different issue in Japanese:
> >
> > publican build --embedtoc --publish --formats
> epub,html,html-single,pdf --langs LANGUAGE_CODES
> >
> > I might be wrong, but it looks to me like an XML error in the
> Introduction file - possibly in the xref?
> >
> > Merging es-ES/Introduction.po >> en-US/Introduction.xml ->
> tmp/es-ES/xml_tmp//Introduction.xml
> >
> > not well-formed (invalid token) at line 4, column 238, byte 402:
> > <!DOCTYPE para PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
> "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd" [
> > ]>
> > <para>Fedora contiene paquetes y herramientas que soportan una
> variedad de entornos virtualizados. La virtualización de Fedora
> suministra el desarrollo en fases prevías para la virtualización en
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux. vea <xref linked=”chap-Guía de Inicio de
> Virtualización-Productos”/> para más información sobre los productos
> de virtualización disponibles con Fedora.</para>
> >

> > If anyone can help, please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks so much,
> > Dayle
> >
> > --
> > Dayle Parker
> > Content Author
> > Engineering Content Services
> >
> > Red Hat Asia Pacific -- Brisbane, Australia
> > dayleparker at redhat.com <mailto:dayleparker at redhat.com> | irc: dayle
> >

> > --
> Dayle,
>
> That xref tag looks suspicious. It should read ' <xref linkend= ' not
> '<xref linked='.
>
> I'd also test to make sure the spaces in that target don't break the
> [...]
Thank you to Pete and Tomoyuki for helping out. :)

I was able to publish the Japanese translation without a problem and
it's now online.
I've gone into the es-ES .po files and fixed the XML issues and have
been able to publish normally.

Thanks to all the translation teams for your great work!
Cheers,
Dayle