What is the meaning of FAS string "Name check override"

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:59:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 08:14:46PM +0800, Tiansworld wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I couldn't understand the right meaning of "Name check override" in
> the FAS sign up page.
>
> Could anyone tell me so that I can update the translation.
>
> The string is at here[1].
>
> [1] https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/new?_csrf_token=5536ed10953f6d1c79f93ec72d37c766ce2dfddf

In the current FAS, there's a check that the human name that someone gives
seems to be a person's full legal name.  This check is intended to help out
spot when he reviews the FPCA applications since that document needs to have
a person's legal name.  However, the types of names that will trigger this
check could also be a person's full legal name... they just look like they
wouldn't be in a majority of cases.  (For instance, if there's no <space> in
the field to separate out a first and last name, this would trigger the
check.  But some people will have names that are single words rather than
first-and-last.).

So the "Name check override" is there to turn the check off.  It's saying,
yes, my name doesn't fit in with the simplistic check you'e just done.
Please submit it despite the check failing.

-Toshio