Badges for Translators

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 25 11:05:39 UTC 2013

> Yes, see http://help.transifex.com/features/api/ , available via curl POST/GET
> or the python modules from python-transifex .
>
> It isn't ideal, though; I believe most functions require at least approved
> translator status and many require maintainer access. I don't see a way to get
> a translator paired with a string until you're actually pulling POs, so it
> might even require pulling in all langs and resources.

No we don't need maintainer access, just a valid account. (No need to be
part of the team). − when you do a GET of course..

> The logic is possible, starting with just a list of projects and working down
> from there, but each API call cost 10-15 seconds the last time I played with
> it.  Getting the info via HTTP GET requests is going to take quite a while.
>
> So, this could be a project for someone. An addition to the transifex api,
> maybe? I wish I had the cycles for it.  Someone upstream could cheat and run
> some SQL queries directly, but that isn't really sustainable.

We can't actually download the number of translations from someone to a
specific project.
But we can check for the translation headers, to get the name of the
translator... Better would be to get the translator activity

What I don't want is people updating every files only to get badges.. We
would loose quality.

--
Kévin Raymond
(Shaiton)