Self-Introduction: Isaac Rooskov - Zanata Product Manager

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Aug 26 07:53:19 UTC 2013

написане Mon, 26 Aug 2013 02:58:03 +0300, Isaac Rooskov
<irooskov at redhat.com>:

> Hi Fedora translators and writers :)
>
> My name is Isaac Rooskov. I am the new Product Manager for the Zanata
> translation tool, and I also supervise the localization and translation
> efforts for JBoss, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Cloud business
> units at Red Hat.
>
> If you have any questions or feedback concerning Zanata I would love to
> hear them.
>
> I'm based in Brisbane, Australia, so if there is a slight delay in my
>
> Thanks and I look forward to being apart of the Fedora community with
> you all.
>
> Isaac

Hi,

Just a bit of feedback, the current instance of Zanata seems lack any
notification features. It is very inconvenient to monitor the projects in
Zanata. You should click every single item twice just to see if there are
changes in strings.

The Transifex developers broke notifications for their projects as well
(there is no "monitor this project" button anymore). So Fedora translator
life is not that easy now. :'( But at least we can control the stats for
the whole project in Tx (although it sometimes shows weird numbers) and
that is impossible in Zanata (you should open the project page just to see
if it is 100% translated into your language).

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Yuri
Ukrainian translation team