New Websites translation workflow

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 5 16:02:03 UTC 2013

Le jeudi 31 janv. 2013 à 16:55:22 (+0200), Valentin Laskov a écrit :
> [...]

Hi folks,
I am replying here to all teams that don't want the websites to pull only
reviewed strings (point 5.)
For the other points, I will do an other reply.

First of all, I knew that many teams won't have approved my idea. This is why I
asked you to give your -1 instead of your +1 would have been the default.
Oh, I told you so but since it's a huge change, I wouldn't have changed for that
without any team approval. So yes, I were looking for both, +1 and -1.

I wanted to force you to give your thoughts because I knew that this feature
should be with regards to the translation team/coordinator, and *not* the
maitainer/devel. Which is currently the way it is implemented.
Now, I have a other people to support my request.

[quick count here]
Interlingua -1
Bulgarian -1
Hu -1
Dutch -1
Polish -1
Spanish -1
Bengali-India -1
Indonesian -1
Albanian -1
zh_CN -1
Swedish -1
Danish -1
DE -1
pt_BR -1
pt_PT -1
French +1 (^^)
[/quick count]

In fact, all teams with few translators want this feature enabled.
I will see how I can separate the language pull in two categories. If I am not
able to do this simply (=efficiently) I won't pull reviewed trings.
If I do, then I will ask coordinators to open a Trac ticket to enable this
feature on their team. But I will tell you later.

@Indifex: Translators want the review feature to be handled by translators, not
by maintainers. Each team should define the way maintainers pull the
translations. All strings or only reviewed ones. That's all. It would greatly
improve our translation workflow, as we would be able to translate online
without having pressure about mainainer pulling not reviewed translations.
And for small teams, proofreading is not necessary, so they just don't want this
feature to be used.

--
Kévin Raymond
(Shaiton)