Self-introduction: Enzo Lalli, Italian

Vincenzo Lalli vincenzo.lalli at gmx.com
Wed Feb 13 18:58:35 UTC 2013

Hi everybody, my name is Enzo, I am 30 and I am from Rome, Italy.

My FAS is "artax", I am Italian mother tongue and I am going to
translate from English to Italian.

I got a legal background, as I graduated in Law.

I've always been interested in languages and I had the opportunity to
study and practice English; I also used to be fluent in French and I
started...to study Dutch...however, for family and personal reasons I
begun to practice mainly English, as I have good friends in the US who
gave me the chance to practice it; plus, travels, work and my education
path definitely gave me many reasons to use my English skills.

The sad thing is that I set aside other languages, but as soon as I can
I'll start studying them again.

About my interest in computing and GNU/Linux, I think my path is
somewhat funny and interesting to tell.
Years ago I bought a new computer, spending quite a lot of money as it
was my first.."good quality" computer if you like.
So...I did open the box, just amazing, couldn't wait to use it, curious
to know why it costed me so much..the thing is...it ran Vista....in a
few weeks I understood that I should have found another way to use my
brand new computer: I got the clear feeling that I couldn't use it as I
thought I was free to, as it simply prevented me from running any open
source and free software. In short I found unacceptable not to be able
to exercise my freedom while not breaching any law.

So... I switched to GNU/Linux and I used Ubuntu for quite a long time,
still never being so much into it though, as I remained a regular user,
being interested in just the few things I needed for work and study;
however, as time passed, I realized such important implications stem
from what software you use; it simply triggered my interest and passion
and I found myself into learning more...and by doing this I also found
amazing the way the learning process is nurtured by the freedom you
enjoy because of the Free Software.

Therefore..I thought that I got so much from the Free Software movement,
GNU/Linux and the whole community which provided me such a chance for
learning...and I felt like not having given enough back.

When I learnt about the Fedora Project, I started to think to join
it..it took me a while to decide it, since I am still unable to assess
how much time will I be able to offer to the project. Yet, that wouldn't
have been a sufficient reason for giving up even before trying.

So...let's try!

Yours sincerely,

Enzo Lalli

[enzo at localhost ~]$ gpg --fingerprint 8684B8DC
pub   2048R/8684B8DC 2013-02-13
       Key fingerprint = 8E68 B5CA ACD9 82F9 9F56  77F4 C4EC 7FF5 8684 B8DC
uid                  enzolalli <vincenzo.lalli at gmx.com>
sub   2048R/CFBAB6AE 2013-02-13