Suggestion

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:04:12 UTC 2013

2013/2/21 Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com>:
> I recently checked yum localization and found its completed progress is not
> good. The main reason I think is that yum is uncategorized, it is not listed
> in Fedora Project translation list. I know it's "upstream project" , but I
> think such a useful tool only has poor translation is not fine.
>
> So I suggest linking yum into Fedora project category, this can help making
> things better than before.That is,[1] page can include yum.

We can't move it to fedora-main, since yum is not using Fedora
infrastructure and that's the requirement for putting things here. Yum
is very much an "upstream project" and that's why it's in
"fedora-upstream" set.

What could help with translations though is what Dimitri's suggested:
outsourcing teams to Fedora Project (and perhaps a little bit more
frequent PO/POT files refreshing, but that's a different issue)
instead of establishing their own just for that one project. This is
however, as he rightfully noted, something yum developers need to
decide on. Please file a ticket [1] and let us know of it!

[1] http://yum.baseurl.org/report

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg