Fedora Installation Guide

Jack Reed jreed at redhat.com
Fri May 3 01:43:45 UTC 2013

Thanks for passing this on to the French team, Jérôme.

Unfortunately though, as I said, the pot files that were uploaded two
months ago during the test were for f17, not f18, which I've confirmed
by looking at certain strings. I understand that this means labour has
been wasted, and I apologise for the oversight.

Not all pot files were updated for f18, of course, but I'm not aware of
a way to distinguish them and then push the po files that are still
current into Zanata. If anyone has an idea about this, which would
enable us to re-use some of the stranded translations, please let us know.

I agree that more consistent notifications for trans-list would be
valuable. I don't have enough knowledge of existing trans-list practices
to know where improvements can be made, but I'll help any way I can.
I've CC'd Pete Travis, the Fedora docs lead, so he can mull this over too.

Thanks,

Jack