Release Notes update

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Tue Nov 26 17:05:00 UTC 2013

On Nov 26, 2013 7:31 AM, "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like the last Release Notes update contains some questionable
changes:

> 1. There are many entities added. Example:
>
> A slice's name describes its position relative to the root slice.
>
> becomes
>
> A slice&#39;s name describes its position relative to the root slice.

Not sure what happened here; ' has not done this before.  If it can not go
away, I will use words instead of punctuation to express possession, a
simple change.

> 2. Tags were removed and the phrases wer broken into puzzles:
>
> Support for <productname>TrueCrypt</productname> in Fedora is expanded by
<application>systemd-cryptsetup</application> support for the technology,
allowing easy authentication during boot.

> becomes three independent parts
>
> Support for
>
> TrueCrypt
>
> in Fedora is expanded by <application>systemd-cryptsetup</application>
support for the technology, allowing easy authentication during boot.

<productname /> is getting an independent string, then.  I suppose this is
for easy reuse, but it doesn't make sense in context.  I will find a
substitute a different tag.

> 3. Some sections (Development_D) just disappear.

I will look into this too.

> Is this expected? Does it make sense to re-translate RN the new way?

No, please hold off on anything that suffers from the above issues until I
can push a fix.

> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>
> Best regards,
> Yuri
> --

Thanks for for the questions!  I should find time to address the problems
later today.

--Pete