Release Notes update

Jérôme Fenal jfenal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 18:04:09 UTC 2013

2013/11/26 Pete Travis <me at petetravis.com>:

> On Nov 26, 2013 7:31 AM, "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like the last Release Notes update contains some questionable
>> changes:
>>
>> 1. There are many entities added. Example:
>>
>> A slice's name describes its position relative to the root slice.
>>
>> becomes
>>
>> A slice&#39;s name describes its position relative to the root slice.
>>

> Not sure what happened here; ' has not done this before.  If it can not go
> away, I will use words instead of punctuation to express possession, a
> simple change.
>
>> 2. Tags were removed and the phrases wer broken into puzzles:
>>
>> Support for <productname>TrueCrypt</productname> in Fedora is expanded by
>> <application>systemd-cryptsetup</application> support for the technology,
>> allowing easy authentication during boot.
>>
>> becomes three independent parts
>>
>> Support for
>>
>> TrueCrypt
>>
>> in Fedora is expanded by <application>systemd-cryptsetup</application>
>> support for the technology, allowing easy authentication during boot.
>>

> <productname /> is getting an independent string, then.  I suppose this is
> for easy reuse, but it doesn't make sense in context.  I will find a
> substitute a different tag.
>
>> 3. Some sections (Development_D) just disappear.
>>

> I will look into this too.
>
>> Is this expected? Does it make sense to re-translate RN the new way?
>>

> No, please hold off on anything that suffers from the above issues until I
> can push a fix.
>
>> Thanks in advance for your answers.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Yuri
>> --
>>

> Thanks for for the questions!  I should find time to address the problems
> later today.

I guess I am the culprit here.

I have pushed the sources earlier today, but from an old publican
(2.1) on RHEL6. Won't do it again.
I did notice some issues, such as tags splitting strings, plus the
entities issues, but day job took priority before I could fix it.

I'm currently working to push again the sources to Transifex from a
clean git import on a fully updated F19, and everything should be back
to normal in an hour or so.

Regards,

J.
--