a couple of issues in anaconda for Fedora 20

dominique chepioq chepioq at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 19:20:10 UTC 2013

@Sveinn í Felli
you wrote:
"Just for my curiosity:
I recall the (web-based) SVG countdown banner which was translated into
multiple languages, then a (php?) script automatically substituted English
for corresponding language at the server. At least that's how I understood
the procedure.

Is something like that usable in Anaconda?
Best would be to read the strings from a file translatable in Transifex,
isn't it?
Is the procedure above described somewhere? The script(s) accessible
somewhere?"

I don't think that an php script work on anaconda, but I am not a
programmer.

There is other way to translate and use a translation in .svg file,with
"switch" tag in the file, like this  :

<switch>
    <text systemLanguage="fr"
     x="121.62162"
     y="41.452702"
     id="text2991"
     xml:space="preserve"

style="font-size:24px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;font-stretch:normal;line-height:147.00000286%;letter-spacing:0px;word-spacing:0px;fill:#212121;fill-opacity:1;stroke:none;font-family:Comfortaa;-inkscape-font-specification:Comfortaa"><tspan
       x="121.62162"
       y="41.452702"
       id="tspan2993">Besoin de travailler ? Installer LibreOffice
pour</tspan><tspan
       x="121.62162"
       y="82.612701"
       id="tspan2995">éditer des documents, des tableurs ou plus
encore.</tspan></text>
    <text systemLanguage="it"
     x="121.62162"
     y="41.452702"
     id="text2991"
     xml:space="preserve"

style="font-size:24px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;font-stretch:normal;line-height:147.00000286%;letter-spacing:0px;word-spacing:0px;fill:#212121;fill-opacity:1;stroke:none;font-family:Comfortaa;-inkscape-font-specification:Comfortaa"><tspan
       x="121.62162"
       y="41.452702"
       id="tspan2993">--------------------</tspan><tspan
       x="121.62162"
       y="82.612701"
       id="tspan2995">--------------------</tspan></text>
  <text
     x="121.62162"
     y="41.452702"
     id="text2991"
     xml:space="preserve"

style="font-size:28px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;font-stretch:normal;line-height:147.00000286%;letter-spacing:0px;word-spacing:0px;fill:#212121;fill-opacity:1;stroke:none;font-family:Comfortaa;-inkscape-font-specification:Comfortaa"><tspan
       x="121.62162"
       y="41.452702"
       id="tspan2993">Need to do some work? Install LibreOffice
to</tspan><tspan
       x="121.62162"
       y="82.612701"
       id="tspan2995">edit documents, spreadsheets, and more.</tspan></text>
  </switch>

If system is in fr language, that show "Besoin de travailler ? Installer
LibreOffice pour" and "éditer des documents, des tableurs ou plus encore."
If it's in Italian language (it) that show "--------------------" and

And you can add the other language after.

If anaconda is set with language not in the .svg file that show the English
version " Need to do some work? Install LibreOffice to" and "edit
documents, spreadsheets, and more."

But I don't know if it's possible.
Dominique