Release notes on Transifex: up to date? Process behind

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Wed Oct 30 06:24:09 UTC 2013

On 10/29/2013 08:14 AM, Jérôme Fenal wrote:
> 2013/10/28 Dimitris Glezos <glezos at transifex.com>:
>> Given that we have a volunteer community, I'd suggest to push content
>> which is as final as possible to avoid work which will be thrown away.
>> On the other hand, daily pushes can also work if you just message the
>> translators "start working now".
> So we could define two different process, for two kind of project pace:
> - daily for projects such as Release Notes, that need to go fast, and
> can't delay translators by not pushing updates.
> - weekly or when needed (e.g. manually) for longer term projects.
>
> Can we expect a quick update to strings on Tx for the Release Notes?
> Discrepancies occur.
>
> All in all, if translators find the update pace too rapid, then it
> will be to slow pushes to Tx, otherwise, please push.
> The sooner the better. Or we end up working on outdated forks.
>
> Regards,
>
> J.

We've discussed this before, and I do agree with you.  The release notes
are dynamic enough that they should be pushed often. Other guides have a
broader scope, more content overlap, and longer development cycle that
make pushing strings after a more thorough review a better strategy.

In this case, I knew I had to make a handful of changes based on
developer feedback and I just needed to find time to commit them. By the
way, Jérôme, thanks for your commits as well :)

Now that these updates are committed, I have uploaded the latest POTs.
If you find more untranslated strings, we can investigate further.

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader
 - immanetize at fedoraproject.org