Self-Introduction: Isaac Rooskov - Zanata Product Manager

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 2 03:53:21 UTC 2013

Hi Issac and all

At the time that decision was made, I was there as the representative of
FLP. All explained by Jared. It was painful decision, having little choice.

Most of Fedora packages and Fedora Upstream packages had been hosted by
transifex.fp.o before the move, and have still been hosted by fedora dot
transifex.com after the move. Without Dimitris and the team, we are not
here. I like to thank you so much to Dimitris and all the team members
of Indifex again.

There are some packages which decided to move to zanata, and there were
also announcements (not for all packages though). Atm, we have no power
to influence the maintainers' decisions. FLP goal is to have one
interface hosted at fedoraproject.org for **ALL packages.

Currently, we need to work on two instances, transifex and zanata.
For the coordinator of each language team who has not yet gained the
admin privilege of your language team in ZANATA, please contact Issac,
me or Red Hat employees of your language team. We will be happy to grant
the admin privilege to you. (You must to be current coordinator on the
team list.)

Issac, please help the coordinator who falls in the above situation.
Also, please review the feature of segmentation such as fedora dot
zanata.org.

For Fuel project, it is not part of Fedora project or Fedora Upstream
project. It should totally upto individuals to contribute or not. This
project has potential helping certain languages translation consistency,
while no influence on Fedora Localization activity. Here again,
segmentation is needed.

Thanks

noriko