Email-Aliases for new translators

Eduardo Mayorga Téllez mayorgalinux at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 15 17:18:38 UTC 2013

On 13/09/13 21:23, tiansworld wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Roman Spirgi
> <bigant at fedoraproject.org <mailto:bigant at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>
>     Dear L10N coordinators,
>
>     I'm wondering if you add new translators to the "l10n Commit
>     Group" so that they can use a fedoraproject email alias?
>
>     The problem is that I wasn't approved when I did start translating
>     neither - this group is no longer in use I suppose?!
>
>     Is a new translator not eligible to get an email alias? How to you
>     handle this?
>

> I don't think it needs l10n commit group membership. But at least one
> non-CLA group as well.
> "You must also sign the Contributor License Agreement and make sure
> you are also approved in at least one non CLA group as well."
>
> You can see details here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EmailAliases
As far as I know, cvsl10n was a group of translators who had access to
Localization project CVS repo. Now we use Transifex (or Zanata). I was
approved for cvsl10n, because of my translations.

I think that Localization team members should be approved for l10n
Commit Group, since CVS repository is no longer used.