man-pages-l10n

Jérôme Fenal jfenal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 11:31:25 UTC 2014

> Hi,
>
> I've started the project, man-pages-l10n to provide the localized man pages based on the consistent source and avoid the outdated translations in man pages, and just finished to set up the infrastructure. so I'd like to call for translators to move toward first release.
>
> There are so many man pages and words to be translated. we'll take so long time to see man pages fully translated. so I think that would be good to set some milestones and for first release, translating the section 1 (and 1p if possible, p means one from posix) may be good enough. I'm planning to make a first release in f22.
>
> You can find PO out at https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/project/view/man-pages-l10n
> the naming rule for the versioning at Zanata is, <original man pages version>_<man pages' section>.
> so somewhat easier to find out the targeted man pages for milestone.

Hi Akira,

How do you plan to coordinate this project with other Linux distros?

For instance, the debian project reps in France already have setup
such a project, perkamon-fr, with their own workflow, coordinated by
Traduc.org (in charge of other translation projects to French).

Regards,

J.
--
Jérôme Fenal