[Fedora] Plan Stage 0: Move to Zanata

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 19:20:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:42:16AM +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> (2014年08月15日 02:25), Paul W. Frields wrote:

> >>Hi, Paul
> >>I'm terribly sorry responding such late.
> >>Please see the section 'Packages to Migrate' in the move page [1].
> >>
> >>Which means is the best to approach devel team, filing a ticket, posting
> >>devel?
> >>
> >>[1]:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Move_To_Zanata#Move_To_Zanata_Schedule_Plan
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >
> >It looks like the links on that page for organizations are incorrect.
> >
> >In the case of the Fedora org, are you proposing every package listed
> >here?
>
> Yes, the packages and the guides are mixed up and I have not checked one by
> one. But those are placed under Fedora org, therefore I believe all of them
> to be moved.
>

> >https://fedora.transifex.com/
> >
> >I don't think one post to devel or ticket is sufficient.  I think the
> >right thing is an email to each project's contact point.  In cases
> >where an organization belongs to one person, it might be OK to email
> >just that one person who can respond for all their projects.
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.
> OK, I will start listing up every project owner.
>
> The organization is the feature of Transifex to group the packages under one
> roof, and I can't see any particular contact. But for Fedora software
> packages, FESCO (or devel team) should be the right contact, and I wish to
> have their help on this move. How can I request a help from them?

For FESCo attention, file a ticket in the FESCo Trac:
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/

However, I think the bigger picture here (possibly being missed?) is
that the request you are making may not be a simple one for developers
or maintainers.  So the L10n should be prepared to show up at the
appropriate FESCo meeting to discuss with the steering committee, and
it would best to be prepared with details to answer technical
questions about such a migration.

Using Transifex, developers have made project changes to allow that
workflow for translation.  What changes do developers need to make for
a Zanata migration?  Is there a wiki page that explains the changes?

What happens if one of these projects is not enthusiastic about
moving?  What are the effects or ramifications?