Confused about "Fedora Cloud Base Images"

tiansworld tiansworld at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 3 12:46:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 8:41 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 08:01:00PM +0800, tiansworld wrote:
> > There are other words confusing us in website translation too(For
> example,
> > keys for signing packages. We are not sure the type of key, public key or
> > private key or what else.).
>
> Where is this example?

After I view the whole po file again, the example I took seems not a good
one :)
But it can reflect that confusion occurs sometime.

This string tells us that they are public keys.

#: data/content/keys/index.html:21
msgid ""
"This page lists the public GPG keys used for signing packages in Fedora."

So we can conclude that keys related to packages signing in the po file
should be public keys.

Then what about this one:
  #: data/content/verify.html:75
  162 msgid "Next, import Fedora's GPG key(s):"

We may not sure whether it is a public or private at once.

> > So I hope you can put this kind of simple explanation into comment part
> of
> > the string in future, so every translator can see them and know what
> should
> > be translated or whether the words should be translated.
>
> I'm not familiar with the tools used here, really. Might it be easier
> to have a wiki page with notes for translators?

This is not a good choice.
The better way is integrate them into po files. Although I don't know how
to make this happen.

--
Regards,

Tian Shixiong