Fwd: Introduction

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 04:41:29 UTC 2014

(2014年12月09日 07:23), Michael A. Oshin wrote:

> Hello Guys,
> I am Michael A. Oshin; I would like to contribute to the Fedora
> translation works.
> I have assisted with some projects in Mozilla -
> http://mozilla.locamotion.org/yo/
>
> I was wondering what I need to get started. Apparently, there is no
> yoruba (sub-)project at the https://fedora.zanata.org/language/list
>
> Can anyone please help create it and give me some write access to the
> directory ?

Hi Michael
Welcome to Fedora Localization Project!
As there is no 'Yoruba' language yet in FLP, you may like to take two
phases. First become a translator, and then step up and become your
language maintainer to form 'Yoruba' team.

To become a translator, please follow L10N/Guide[1]. However, this guide
may contain some outdated information, and we are in the middle of
upgrading. Please skip the process 4.2 Create Transifex account. Instead
you need to create Zanata account by logging in with Fedora account.

To become your language maintainer, please follow L10N Maintainer[2].
Again, this page is under construction.

I am very sorry the process is not straight forward atm. Please feel
free to ask any question here.

[1]:http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Guide
[2]:http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Maintainer

noriko