Transifex has become proprietary

Jérôme Fenal jfenal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:49:18 UTC 2014

> написане Thu, 10 Jul 2014 18:50:10 +0300, William Moreno
> <williamjmorenor at gmail.com>:
>

>>> 2) Today we have a process for new translators extremely broken and
>>> manual, very different from other teams, I'm part of Packager team where
>>> process is very clear and integrated with Fedora infra. A new translator
>>> need to follow these steps to be approved:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Guide#Becoming _ a_Fedora_Translator,
>>> we can realize there is no integration of Transifex with our FAS, Mailing
>>> list, Badges and especially with our Wiki, I think it's more relevant to
>>> the translation teams these issues than the interface.
>>>

>> +1 I am looking than Zanata alow to login with FAS, since that, I think
>> Zanata could work better with the de Fedora Infra :)
>

> Hi,
>
> No objections about Zanata. Just two remarks:
>
> 1. Is it possible to configure email notifications for RH Zanata server? It
> is hard to control large catalogs (similar to Fedora's one) without
> notifications.
>
> 2. Can we do the migration right after the next string freeze? It is hard to
> test and update translations during such migrations (proven by Tx
> migration).

No objections either, provided the Zanata instance handles the load.

Adding Isaac to the conversation if not already on the list for RFEs:
3. One feature that is nice with Transifex is the ability to have a
pseudo-tree view of projects, whereas in Zanata, we end up with just a
list of projects, where it becomes difficult to find a particular
project.

Regards,

J.
--