Move to alternate ( was Re: Transifex has become proprietary)

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 06:29:46 UTC 2014

Hi Noriko,

On behalf of the Hungarian team we have already move by members, team
members are aware of the change, and supporting the change. We have
begun the translation of the zanata server part, and we hope that the
migration can be seamless. We think before we move we can have a
completely supported and localized translation UI, and makes easier to
contribute too because there are not too huge differences between TX
and Zanata in UI, and we get extras too (like IRC, and great
translation memory). Also we say, as it is an RH project, at the end
of the day - and in long-term: this can be a big win-win situation.

We requesting also to release the currently read-only marked client UI
 too, so when we are move - we can have to our translators fully
localized UI.

Thank you,

Zoltan Hoppar
Hungarian Team

> Hi translators and coordinators
>
> There are positive posts around but no objection so far for the move. There
> are people supporting the move to zanata but no other suitable alternate
> comes up.
>
> Can we understand that we have obtained consensus on the move to zanata from
> the majority of translators?
> It is time to vocalize your opinion, especially if you feel negative on this
> move.
>
> Btw, as I am supporting to the move to zanata too, I've summarized the items
> raised at infrastructure at lists and trans at lists in the plan [1]. Please
> keep posting.
>
> [1]:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Move_To_Zanata#Concerns
>

> cheers
> noriko