Transifex has become proprietary

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 16 12:32:33 UTC 2014

(2014年07月15日 13:53), sankarshan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Noriko Mizumoto
> <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> We used to have Translators Quick Start Guide[1], and I was one of the
>> maintainer. Current L10N/Guide [2] (wiki) is based on this book. The book is
>> now out dated, and currently I can not have time to update. If anyone can
>> donate time to maintain, we can get it back and publish exactly same way as
>> other Fedora books. Actually it would be better having wiki page format. So
>> that it can be also added in zanata for translation.
>
> As an alternative to a single person making the changes, with Flock
> (<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flock_2014>) coming up, it would
> perhaps be possible to organize a meetup/hackathon to [i] make the
> appropriate edits; [ii] possibly create a translated version; [iii]
> release it as final.

Sankarshan, Tommy and all

It is, unfortunately, too late and the proposal voting for Flock 2014
was already ended. I agree it is very good idea to update TQSG and to
discuss about the move at Flock. Thus I wrote for asking a workshop of
Localization for coming Flock 2014 this morning, just in case. If, if
any piece of luck, I will update you all.

noriko